Friday, May 15, 2009

Hit the Ground Running



While in London I'm hitting the ground running with a little illustration contract for Goodenough College, an academic residence in central London catering to graduate students and their families. This is the cover for their upcoming yearbook. They liked it so much they immediately asked me to provide illustrations of the College for a series of fridge magnets! Never done those before but there's a first time for everything!... This is done in my usual way when it comes to more detailed illustrations: first I draw the subject by hand in my sketchbook with my brush pen, then scan it in and manipulate it, colour it and add textures on my Macbook Pro. In fact this illustration is a composite of three separate sketches: one of the College building, one of the seated couple, and one of the man talking on the phone. Clever viewers will notice I plucked him from my Russell Square drawing (below) ;) For more illustrations like this please visit my website: www.tompokinko.com.

No comments: