Thursday, July 24, 2008






Hi - welcome to my blog! One of the main functions of this blog is to showcase my new sketches. I will post new sketches and drawings as often as I can, so please check back often...

Lately, I've been reading the excellent book Masters of American Comics (Yale University Press, 2005). It's the catalogue to an exhibit of the same name put on by the Hammer Museum and The Museum of Contemporary Art in Los Angeles in 2005... I remember reading about the exhibit in a magazine a few years ago, but somehow never got around to looking through the book itself (I live too far to see the actual exhibit!). It's a great blend of art and essays about art - John Carlin's comprehensive "Art History of Twentieth-Century American Comic Strips and Books" is particularly impressive. Anyway, I've been newly inspired by this dip into Winsor McCay, George Herriman, Will Eisner, Art Spiegelman and others to sketch a few comic-y stuff myself... enjoy!

No comments: